MDHI leads an AmeriCorps VISTA project, supported by the federal Corporation for National and Community Service, which is focused on building capacity for agencies working to end homelessness, both within specific counties and regionally. The project engages stakeholders, investors, and those in need to build a sustainable system that will prevent and end homelessness in the Denver metropolitan area.
The MDHI VISTA team provides regional capacity building support to over 130 organizations in 2016 through projects with MDHI, OneHome, the annual Point-in-Time count, and a number of local initiatives.
We currently have VISTAs placed at the following agencies:
- Aurora Housing Authority
- Adams Co. Housing Authority
- Metro Community Provider Network (MCPN)
- Close to Home, The Denver Foundation
- Family Tree (actively recruiting)
- Metro Denver Homeless Initiative (OneHome)