Metro Denver Homeless Initiative (MDHI) is applying for HUD's Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP).
The YHDP is a grant opportunity for up to 11 communities to receive a portion of $43 million dollars.
MDHI is applying on behalf of all the counties in the Metro area: Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas and, Jefferson. If funded, the YHDP will provide the community with funds (a minimum of one million dollars) and technical assistance. The technical assistance provide support to develop and implement a youth-informed Coordinated Community Plan to prevent and end youth homelessness in our community.
The YHDP has five primary objectives:
- Build national momentum
- Evaluate the coordinated community approach
- Expand capacity
- Evaluate performance measures
- Establish a framework for federal program and TA collaboration
A successful application will demonstrate collaborative community partnerships and how they will continue to be involved the planning and implementation. Please consider supporting a successful community application in one of the following ways:
- Submit a letter of support from your agency
- Coordinate a multi-organization letter of support
- Nominate a youth under 25 who has lived experience with homelessness to sit on the Youth Action Board
- Reach out to partners in the community to support and participate in the YHDP
- Review and provide feedback for the YHDP draft application
- Let us know if you have other ideas for contributing to a successful YHDP submission
- Please contact email@example.com for more information
The deadline for the grant is April 17th. This is an amazing opportunity to get resources, build relationships, integrate youth voice, and create a plan to end youth homelessness for our region! Please feel free to share this information anyone interested, the more agencies that participate, the stronger our application will be.