2018 CoC NOFA Appeals Process
The preliminary ranking will be posted to the MDHI website on August 30, 2018, after the MDHI NOFA committee has ranked applicant proposals. Projects ranked in Tier 2 or ranked in bottom five of Tier 1 may request a summary of the project score.
Applicants who have specific concerns regarding the review and scoring of their application may file an appeal. NOTE: Appeals will only be considered in cases where applicants have concerns specific to the review process and scoring of their application. Appeals specific to the ranking or funding recommendation will not be considered.
All notices of appeal must be based on the information submitted by the application due date. No new or additional information will be considered. Omissions to the application cannot be appealed.
The recommendation of the NOFA Appeal Committee with MDHI Board approval will be final.
- A preliminary ranking of NOFA project proposals will be posted to the MDHI website on August 30, 2018.
- All written appeals for applications that are eligible to appeal must be received by 12:00 p.m. MST on September 12, 2018. All notices of appeal must be submitted to Will Connelly, 711 Park Avenue West, Suite 320, Denver, Colorado, 80205 or email@example.com. It is incumbent upon agency submitting an appeal to verify that request has been received by the above deadline.The notice of appeal must include a written statement specifying in detail each and every one of the grounds asserted for the appeal. The appeal must be signed by an individual authorized to represent the sponsor agency (i.e., Executive Director) and must include (highlight and cite) the specific sections of the application on which the appeal is based. The appealing agency must specify facts and evidence sufficient for the Appeal Committee to determine the validity of the appeal. That is, the notice of appeal must have attached the specific areas of the application being appealed and must also clearly explain why the information provided is adequate enough to gain additional points.
- MDHI staff, in consultation with the NOFA Appeal Committee, will review and evaluate all notices of appeal and determine whether or not the appeal meets the MDHI appeal policy.
- All valid appeals will be read, reviewed and evaluated by the NOFA Appeals Committee.
- NOFA Appeals Committee will deliberate and provide recommendations to MDHI staff and the NOFA committee.
- The final funding recommendations will be submitted by the NOFA committee for consideration and approval by MDHI Board of Directors.
- Agencies will receive, in writing, the appeal decision before the HUD CoC NOFA application submission deadline.