2020 Point in Time Regional Convening
Please join us in preparing for the 2020 Point in Time - Everyone Counts!
When will this be? Thursday, November 7th, starting at 12pm.
Who should attend? All local PIT committee members, local officials, staff and others doing outreach to those living unsheltered in our community, people with current and lived experience of homelessness, law enforcement, parks and recreation, and code enforcement, and anyone else interested in supporting the regional planning efforts!
What will be covered?
- We will have an overview of past PIT data
- Discussion of plans for 2020 PIT
- Confirmation of sheltered sites and the housing inventory count for the region
- Focused attention on unsheltered outreach and mapping efforts
- Initial survey and mobile survey review
- Roundtable discussions, and Q&A, led by local leaders on a range of topics such as:
- Magnet events
- How to better engage those with lived experience in efforts
- Volunteer training and support
- Unsheltered outreach techniques
- Mapping outreach plans
- Re-Convening with your local community to discuss PIT efforts before wrapping up for the day.
It starts at 12pm... Will there be food? YES!!! Feel free to bring your own if you prefer and eat during the initial overview.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Diane Howald, Regional PIT coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, the 2019 Point in Time and Housing Inventory Count reports are available here, and this is a briefing of the 2019 PIT in our blog if you would like to review them.
Looking forward to working with you as we expand the coverage Point in Time, improve the accuracy to provide this snapshot of homelessness in our community, and work to directly connect more people to resources. Thank you for your engagement and support!