Read our NEW Rapid Re-Housing Written Standards!
Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) is a housing intervention designed to move individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness into permanent housing as quickly as possible. The goal is to limit the amount of time households experience homelessness. The three core components of RRH programs are: 1) Housing Identification 2) Rent and Move-in Assistance 3) Case Management.
ESG Homeless Prevention & Rapid Re-Housing programs provide short-term to medium-term rental assistance and supportive services to individuals and families that are currently experiencing homelessness or are at-risk of becoming homeless in the Denver Metro region.
All referrals for ESG Rapid Re-Housing assistance come from OneHome. MDHI's partnering agencies for both ESG Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing for program year 2018-2019 include: Colorado Division of Housing, Aurora Mental Health Center, Boulder County Housing Authority, Colorado Coalition for the Homeless, Family Tree, Inc., Jefferson County, Jewish Family Services, The Salvation Army, and Volunteers of America.
Resources for ESG Recipients and Sub-recipients:
- Client File Checklist and ESG Forms
- Colorado Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS)
- ESG Program HMIS Manual
- OneHome ESG Workshop - 4.17.2018
- ESG Requirements 4.17.2018
HUD Guidance and Regulation Resources
- ESG Interim Rule
- HUD Exchange - ESG Resources
- HUD's Rapid Re-Housing: CoC vs ESG Guide
- Criteria for Defining and Documenting Homeless Status
- Criteria for Defining At-Risk of Homelessness
- ESG Rent Reasonableness and Fair Market Rent
- ESG Program Components Quick Reference
- SNAPS Shots ESG Eligible Activities: Homelessness Rapid-Re-Housing
- SNAPS Shots ESG Eligible Participants: Homelessness Rapid-Re-Housing
- SNAPS Shots ESG Rental Assistance and Lease Agreements
- SNAPS Shots Recipient Subrecipient Case Management
- SNAPS Shots Assigning Essential Services Appropriate Program Component
If you have any questions about MDHI's ESG program, please contact the Grants Manager at ESG@mdhi.org