New Funding Opportunities
Are you a CoC provider working and could use some support? Check out our two newest funds just for you!
- Must be a current MDHI member
- Must be a nonprofit or governmental agency who is currently working to move people experiencing homelessness in Metro Denver into housing
- Though not required, preference will be given to agencies who use the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and/or participate in OneHome coordinated entry Eligible Expenses
- Applicants may apply for an award up to $500
- The intention of this funding is to assist with connecting to clients and providing housing navigation during the COVID19 crisis.
Fund 2: Metro Denver Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Support Request
As our community responds to the COVID19 crisis, housing and service providers are shifting their operations to ensure the health and safety of staff, volunteers, and the people they serve. In order to support our partners during this time, the Metro Denver Homeless Initiative (MDHI) would like to support agencies who utilize the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) in keeping up to date on data entry and ensuring data quality.
- Must have been utilizing the Bitfocus ClarityHMIS implementation as of March 1, 2020
- Must have a current HMIS Agency Partnership Agreement on file
- Must be a current MDHI member
- Applicants may apply for a technology award up to $2,500 for computer hardware to implement HMIS (laptops, scanning equipment, etc.)
- Applicants may apply for up to $2,500 for data entry support OR may request direct assistance from MDHI (see below for additional details)
If awarded, agencies may spend up to the awarded amount on technology to support their use of HMIS. This may include laptops, scanners, etc. Agencies will be asked to submit an invoice to MDHI for reimbursement and must include back-up documentation (i.e. receipts) for eligible expenses. Expenses may be incurred beginning upon notification of award through June 30, 2020.
Data Entry Support
The data entry support stipend will help agencies who are experiencing staffing capacity issues during the COVID19 response to continue to enter high quality data in a timely manner into HMIS.
MDHI is offering to pay for agency staff that have been trained in Clarity HMIS to receive additional hours (beyond the scope of their regular hours) beginning upon notification of award through August 31, 2020. MDHI will have HMIS training opportunities available for staff that need it. This award is not meant to cover regular pay for staff. Data entry support is intended to increase data entry capacity for awarded agencies. The award may cover additional hours for part -time staff, overtime hours, or bringing on additional staff temporarily.
If awarded, agencies may spend up to the awarded amount on additional staff time. Agencies will be asked to submit an invoice to MDHI for reimbursement and must include back-up documentation (i.e. timesheets) for eligible expenses.
In the form below, you may also indicate that you are interested in receiving direct data entry support from MDHI. Agencies may apply for either data entry support funds OR direct data entry support. MDHI will review requests and will work with agencies to have MDHI staff provide data entry support as needed through August 30, 2020.
Click here for our simple application!