New Rapid Rehousing written standards
Introducing MDHI’s New Rapid Re-Housing Written Standards
The MDHI Board of Directors approved new Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) Written Standards on May 10th, 2018. You can find the document at www.mdhi.org/esg_rrh Some of the highlights from the standards include:
- Consistent and cohesive RRH service delivery across the Continuum of Care (CoC). All MDHI CoC and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funded RRH programs must adhere to these standards. Any other RRH programs in our community can voluntarily choose to adopt these standards.
- No more one-size fits all. RRH rental assistance and other services will be provided in a flexible and progressive manner that is tailored to the household’s needs. Not all households will receive the same package of assistance.
- All RRH referrals come through OneHome. RRH programs will take 100% of referrals from OneHome, our community's coordinated entry system.
- Progressive Engagement. Standards ensure that RRH programs start with a light touch and provide neither too much nor not enough assistance to participants.
- More frequent evaluations of service needs. RRH programs will evaluate a participant’s housing retention barriers monthly to determine the amount and types of assistance the household should receive the following month.
- Housing focused Case Management. Case Management will have a strong focus on increasing income, decreasing expenses, and preparing for assistance coming to an end from the very beginning of the program.
Over the coming weeks, MDHI will be reaching out to CoC and ESG RRH providers to discuss the standards and offer technical assistance as needed. We are excited for the challenge. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. You can e-mail ESG@mdhi.org for more information.