OneHome updates 2.6.19
The OneHome team is looking forward to all of exciting changes happening this year. Keep reading to learn more about these system improvements!
OneHome Staff Announcement:
MDHI is excited to announce that the OneHome team is fully staffed with both OneHome Coordinator roles being filled this month. Megan Morales (email@example.com) joined the MDHI team last month and previously served as the OneHome Individual and Youth Coordinator at VOA. Elizabeth Murray (firstname.lastname@example.org) joined MDHI as the OneHome Family Coordinator last week.
Megan Morales has been in the role of OneHome Coordinator for Individuals and Youth since March of 2017 at Volunteers of America Colorado. She's excited to bring the experience and knowledge she's have gained so far to MDHI, and to continue to collaborate with our community partners that are doing the hard work of supporting people experiencing homelessness in getting into permanent housing. Before working for OneHome, she served as an AmeriCorps VISTA for the SSVF program at VOA. Megan graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelors of Science in Public Health, and prior to working in homelessness services, worked as a Family Support Specialist with families in the foster care system in Phoenix, Arizona.
Elizabeth Murray has studied, trained, and worked in the field of homeless services and housing throughout the Metro Denver Region for the past ten years. Following her direct-client work in emergency shelter, transitional shelter, permanent supportive housing, and safe haven environments, she developed a desire to employ the value of frontline knowledge through a systems level lens. Armed with two and a half years of working with Denver’s Road Home and a recent Master of Public Administration from the University of Colorado Denver, Elizabeth is VERY excited to join the MDHI team to help further the organization’s pursuit to illustrate and support the needs of those in our community experiencing homelessness.
Additional OneHome Announcements:
- The OneHome and HMIS teams are working to transition from using Salesforce to using HMIS as the OneHome database. We hope to have specific dates coming out in the next week or so, and here is a brief summary of updates coming in the next few weeks:
- Clean up of Salesforce data. We want to make sure the data in Salesforce is as accurate as possible in preparation for the migration into HMIS. We have already reached out to our Salesforce users about this and we really appreciate all the work everyone has put into updating Salesforce.
- OneHome will be sending out a timeline for this transition into Clarity HMIS.
- Training!!! There will be OneHome specific HMIS trainings starting late this month - dates forthcoming.
A Salesforce blackout period. Similar to how the HMIS migration happened in December, there will need to be a blackout period where our partners will not be able to enter information into Salesforce. We will communicate that timeline and any process updates during that blackout period soon.
- Please keep your VI-SPDAT entry into Salesforce UP-TO-DATE to prepare for blackout!
- We plan to have the write up from Focus Strategies on the OneHome Community Partners meeting to summarize the OneHome System Redesign Process ready to share in March.
- OneHome Meetings Updates:
- Community Design Team (CDT) is now monthly with a rotating location! This month we will be in Boulder. If you would like to be added to that email group please email email@example.com
- In an effort to improve communication and decrease the number of meetings for everyone, the OneHome committees decided to fold the Youth and Family meetings into CDT.